In 1975, Sidas was established by three ski instructors looking for ways to make skiers’ feet more comfortable. The brand founders decided to make insoles moulded to each individual foot shape to provide more sensation and reduce discomfort inside ski boots. Not having specialised tools to hand, they moulded their first insoles with an oven dish and a cushion! The venture was a success, and so began the company’s long history!
Sidas then began to grow rapidly, providing comfort solutions not only for skiing but also other sports such as running, outdoor sports and cycling, and for everyday footwear too. Ten years later, in 1985, Sidas turned its attention to a new market: medical.
Using Sidas technology, the company founded the Podiatech brand, offering approved foot professionals solutions for their patients’ feet.
For 40 years, Sidas’ growth has been assured by its commitment in different areas:
- Innovation, which has lain at the heart of Sidas’ growth for forty years, has resulted in the company registering 109 trademarks and 15 patents.
- Sidas has become the brand of choice of top athletes in a number of sports worldwide, thanks to its innovative solutions.
- Collaboration with experts to validate Sidas products and their benefits through scientific studies.
- Sidas solutions are recommended by top partner brands.
- The confidence of retailers and foot professionals, since more than 15,000 retailers and foot professionals work with Sidas products.
- The popularity of the brand among the 1.5 million people who use its products daily!
Sidas provides solutions for every type of foot and every sport, every day!